Friday 25 March 2011

Charles Keeping

Last weekend I visited Whitby and after poking around in a few charity shops I found a copy of Dragon Slayer The Story of Beowolf by Rosemary Sutcliff which is illustrated by Charles Keeping. Keeping is one of my favourite illustrators, his use of line to create drama and expression is something which really inspires me. There aren't a huge amount of illustrations in the book but it's still exciting to see work by Charles Keeping that I haven't seen before. I really love the colour on the front cover, the colours are so vibrant and add to the drama of the line drawings. This was a great little find for me!



1 comment:

  1. Charity shop finds are the best! I remember reading this book as a child. It was a thrilling and dark story, and the illustrations were superb.

    ReplyDelete