Tuesday 27 April 2010

Methane Studios





I've just been looking at some gorgeous work by Methane Studios, I found a link to their work on a Total Film email and I love it, they're an illustration/design studio that mainly produces posters and t shirts. All of the designs are very distinctive, a lot are quite similar in style to some of the posters from the Post(er) exhibition (earlier post) - they have a 60s/70s feel to them in the colours and some of the text which is something that I really like. All of the posters and prints are screen printed which I'm so jealous of as I really want to use screen print more but I'm pretty convinced I'd have trouble producing anything more complex than one colour; I think this is definitely something that I need to practise before I leave, I just wish I had more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment