Tuesday 14 April 2009

A Few Things




I found the faces above carved into a tree in Chorlton park, I just think they're lovely.





I've been looking at Jenny Bowers work this week, I've had her website saved on my bookmarks for a while. She does stuff for the Guardian, BBC etc. I really like the simple shapes she uses but how busy she makes her work with the colours and lines. The combination of detail with loose colour has always appealed to me.



I also wanted to post the image above, this is the cover of a record that I bought on Friday in a charity shop in Chorlton. I was just browsing and this image really caught my eye because it is so beautiful. The vinyl is A Midsummer Nights Dream by Mendelssohn - I found out that he wrote the wedding march and it was part of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I've not been able to find out who made the image though.

No comments:

Post a Comment